Compact Wheel Motion Control, sensor not included (User must supply their own proximity sensor). Does not include optional controller.
The Model BSDC is a compact (reduced-size) version of our heavy duty “traction action” motion control that indicates when a conveyor belt has slowed or quit moving altogether. The unit can be adjusted as an overspeed, underspeed, or zero speed control. The output of the Model BSDC can be wired into a PLC or DCS, or to the optional RMS controller (or MSD controller) which has a DP/DT relay to control up to two separate circuits, one for machinery shutdown and one for an alarm.
The Model BSDC can shut down rotating equipment before damage is encountered. It provides protection for interlocked conveyor belts, especially if one of the belts fails due to overloading or quits due to tearing.
ADVANTAGE: Simple design and installation. No drilling or tapping of tail pulley shaft required, unit is shielded between top and bottom of conveyor belt, and the unit can be placed anywhere on the conveyor belt.
- The controller and sensor are sold separately.
- The sensor can be used in outdoor environments and is connected to the controller(s) with (Belden 8442 or 8760 or similar).
- 6 targets are built into the wheel assembly. Wheel is replaceable if necessary.
- Safety cable is supplied standard.
- The operating temperature range is -13ºF to 140ºF (-25ºC to 60ºC).
- No drilling or tapping of tail pulley shaft necessary. Mounts between the conveyor belts.