The Model BSD is a “traction action” motion control that indicates when a conveyor belt has slowed or quit moving altogether. The unit can be adjusted as an overspeed, underspeed, or zero speed control. The output of the Model BSD can be wired into a PLC or DCS, or to the optional RMS controller (or MSD controller) which has a DP/DT relay to control up to two separate circuits, one for machinery shutdown and one for an alarm.
The Model BSD can shut down rotating equipment before damage is encountered. It provides protection for interlocked conveyor belts, especially if one of the belts fails due to overloading or quits due to tearing.
ADVANTAGE: Simple design and installation. No drilling or tapping of tail pulley shaft required, unit is shielded between top and bottom of conveyor belt, and the unit can be placed anywhere on the conveyor belt.
- The controller is sold separately, and is dependent on the sensor chosen.
- BSD-2S includes the RMS-12S (2 wire) sensor.
- The sensor can be used in outdoor environments and is connected to the controller(s) with (Belden 8442 or 8760 or similar).
- Each RMS-12S inductive sensor is supplied with 20 feet of electrical cable. Field splice for longer lengths.
- 6 targets are built into the wheel assembly. Wheel is replaceable if necessary.
- Safety cable is supplied standard, safety chain is optional (additional cost).
- The operating temperature range is -13ºF to 140ºF (-25ºC to 60ºC).
- No drilling or tapping of tail pulley shaft necessary. Mounts between the conveyor belts.