The Model DB is a cable-operated damaged belt detector that looks for punctures, tears, or protrusions through the conveyor belt and provides a means of an automatic shutdown to limit the amount of damage to the conveyor belt. The output contacts of the Model DB can control up to two separate circuits, one for machinery shutdown and one for an alarm.
The model DB provides substantial cost savings in replacement belting and downtime associated with belt splicing or replacement.
- The housing is cast aluminum, rated NEMA Type 4/4X weatherproof and corrosion-resistant.
- The unit should be used in pairs for best protection of the conveyor belt.
- The unit is mounted on the conveyor by drilling (4) 13/32″ diameter holes.
- (2) 1″ NPT conduit openings.
- (2) dry, unpowered SP/DT microswitches rated for 20A @ 120 VAC, 240 VAC, and 480 VAC.
- Each unit is supplied with 10 feet of cable.
- Standard operating pull force is 4 lbs.
- Certified Maximum Ambient Temperature Rating: 40°C (104°F). Functional Ambient Temperature Rating: -40°C to 40°C (-40°F to 104°F)
- IP65 compliant.
- UL and c-UL (Canada) listed.