The Model RS-2X is a heavy-duty pull cord safety control (“stop switch”) that provides a positive shut-off of dangerous equipment in an emergency. A cable pulled by endangered personnel actuates the control. The output contacts of the Model RS-2X can control up to two separate circuits, one for machinery shutdown and one for an alarm.
Safety-minded operators of conveyors, production lines, elevator equipment, assembly lines, material handling systems, cranes, etc. consider it a must for employee protection. Most states have safety statutes that require these switches on conveyors and related equipment. American National Standard Institute recommends their use in ANSI standard No. ASME B20.1-2012-5.11.
- The housing is cast aluminum, rated NEMA 4/4X weatherproof and corrosion-resistant.
- The unit is actuated by a cable pulled from either direction on every RS unit; in other words, the unit is “double-ended”. However, the model RS will also work with cable on a single side when installed as a “single-ended” unit.
- The unit is mounted with three (3) 3/8″ bolts on the conveyor by drilling (3) 13/32″ diameter holes.
- (3) 3/4″ NPT conduit openings. Conduit plugs included.
- Dry, unpowered SP/DT microswitch(es) rated for 20A @ 120 VAC, 240VAC, and 480 VAC; 1/2 amp at 125 VDC and 1/4 amp at 250 VDC.
- Certified Ambient Temperature Rating: 40°C (104°F).
- Functional Ambient Temperature Rating: -50°C to 40°C (-58° to 104°F) (increased actuation force may be required below -30°C (-22°F).
- The general-purpose controls are IP65 compliant.
- UL listed and CSA certified.
There are no reviews yet.