The Model PC is a rugged pull cord safety switch that provides a quick positive shut off of dangerous equipment in emergencies or normal operation. It is actuated by cable pulled by endangered personnel. The output contacts of the Model PC can control up to two separate circuits, one for machinery shutdown and one for alarm.
Safety minded operators of conveyors, production lines, elevator equipment, assembly lines, material handling systems, cranes, etc. consider it a must for employee protection. Most states have safety statutes that require these switches on conveyors and related equipment. American National Standard Institute recommends their use in ANSI standard No. ASME B20.1 – 2012-5.11. This ANSI standard will probably soon become part of the William-Steiger Act of 1970- the OSHA act.
- The housing is cast aluminum, rated NEMA type 4/4X weatherproof and corrosion-resistant.
- Double-ended units can be actuated by pull cord from either or both directions.
- The model PC units come standard with a 16 lb. pull force.
- The unit is mounted on the conveyor by drilling (4) 13/32″ diameter holes.
- (2) 1″ NPT conduit openings.
- The units with “S” type microswitches (SP/DT) have dry, unpowered microswitch(es) rated for 20A @ 120 VAC, 240 VAC, and 480 VAC.
- Highly visible red polyester powder coated flag arm for quick identification of actuation.
- The ambient temperature range is -22ºF (-30ºC) to 104ºF (40ºC).
- IP65 compliant.
- UL listed and CSA certified.